This position is based in a Nursing Home in Felixstowe, supporting elderly clients with Dementia. If this role sounds like what you are looking for, then please read on.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure timely and effective communication is maintained with colleagues and other healthcare professionals to achieve planned goals.
- Assist with the assessment/evaluation, admission, care programme and discharge processes of all residents.
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the home's policies and procedures.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
You will receive a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Paid NMC registration
- 'Welcome’ Bonus of up to £2k
- Support with continuous professional development (CPD) including a Personal Development Plan
- Support with Nurse revalidation
- Paid annual leave
- Workplace Pension
- Recommend a friend paid scheme
Skills and experience:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents.
Registered Nurse with an active NMC PIN