Assistant Headteacher - London
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Headteacher within a SEMH School (Secondary) in S. London within the Education Sector Our client is looking for a passionate Assistant Headteacher that is looking to impact on the lives of their Service users. The successful candidate will be joining a friendly, welcoming SEMH School that believes on making a good environment for both their users and staff.
The School offers ongoing training, a supportive team and long-term opportunities for career growth.
Main duties include:
The Successful candidate will work alongside the Headteacher to lead a successful education team, providing vision, leadership and direction for the continuing development and improvement of the Ofsted rated ‘Good’ SEMH School (Secondary).
As Assistant Head of the School, the successfully candidate will be responsible for leading the personal development, behaviour and welfare provision across the school for all pupils as well and leading on improving outcomes for all students by removing barriers to progress, being the key pastoral lead and responsible for the social Development Opportunity Programme.
To be successful:
- Experience of leading in one or more of the following areas – pupil outcomes, personal development, behaviour and welfare, teaching, learning and assessment.
- Experience of the use restorative practices and effective behaviour management skills as well as good rapport with challenging pupils.
- Successful management experience
- Ability to monitor and review through self-evaluation, report writing and a clear system of record keeping
- Ability to lead flexibly, innovatively and responsively in a challenging environment
- Ability to manage resources effectively to meet priorities
- Ability to liaise effectively with schools, other agencies and parents
- Evidence of ability to successfully manage and support pupils with SEMH
Benefits of Working for the SEN School
Our client cares about their staff, recognise the importance of training and development and support our social workers to reach their full potential. They have a clear Workforce Development Strategy, with opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Why Choose Adapt Recruit?
Adapt Recruit calls upon over 15 years’ worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Education Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss the Assistant Headteacher role within the SEMH School, or any other opportunities we have in South London, please contact David Robson or email in your updated CV to us today.